Like potato chips, popcorn has given us that "it" factor when it comes to munchies especially partnered while watching flicks. At home, one of our family past times is watching movies and television series. We always have popcorn on stock just for weekend movie nights and even game nights. It's light and at the same time you get to control the flavor you like. My husband like it plain and salted. But on a personal note, I'm not a fan of plain popcorn, I've always wanted mine buttered or flavoured.
Popcorn is easy to eat and it is available all the time. Yet, the ways it's served is very limited. So let me share my thoughts on how to enhance popcorn to make it more enjoyable to eat. What I came up with is very simple. My only basis are the ff:
1. It should not be messy to eat.
2. Availability of basic ingredients at home.
3. A healthy side to it.
- 1- 2tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese mixed with garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of chopped scallions/ spring onions
- 1/2 teaspoon grated black pepper
Check out these flavors from SkinnyPop
Top it all and spread it out well. No need to mix. The olive oil will do its job by sticking to the rest of the dry ingredients, it won't be messy. As you dig in the bowl, the ingredients will blend accordingly.