Aside from burrito, Quesadillas is one of my favorite snack to make at home. With almost the same set of ingredients like of the burritos, one can easily make a set of snacks composing of both Mexican delights.
Let's concentrate on the Quesadilla recipe I'm about to share.
Quesadilla is tortilla with a cheesy filling inside. It's folded and heated up in a dry pan. Cheese is one of the main ingredients in every quesadilla because it glues everything together. I also prefer using flour quesadilla to get the soft- bread effect. It's easy to fold and flour tortilla can hold more filling than a corn tortilla. The exciting thing about quesadillas is the filling. You can practically use and combine anything. As for my choices, I went for chicken breasts, chopped into small pieces, sauteed in onions and with my left- over chili con carne sauce. Ground beef is also a good option.
Ingredients: Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla
- 2 chicken breast fillet chopped into small pieces or 1/4 k of lean ground beef
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup chili con carne sauce or tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 3 large tortillas
- 2- 3 cups grated quickmelt cheese or mozzarella
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- a dash of salt and pepper
- In a frying pan, heat oil, sauteed chopped onion with chicken and simmer until chicken is cooked.
- Add chili con carne sauce or tomato sauce and cilantro. Stir for a few seconds.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
* same procedure goes with ground beef and add cheese sauce as an option.
- Prepare a bigger, dry, round frying pan. In low fire, heat tortilla wrapper.
- Fill one side with 1/2 cup from sauteed chicken and top it with 1/2 cup grated cheese. Spread it evenly.
- Fold other end of the tortilla, press for a few seconds, then flip it carefully to heat the other side of the tortilla.
- Flip it one more time and notice that it's more intact and both sides are a bit brown.
- Plate and slice.
- 3 medium red tomatoes minced
- 1 medium red onion minced
- 1/2 tsp cilantro
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp olive oil (optional)
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice (optional)
Enjoy your weekend with these and some ice cold soda pop.