Sometimes, I look back through my old recipes in this blog and if I find something not as appealing in terms of presentation, I give the recipe another whip. For this week, I decided to redo my easy Shrimp Scampi recipe.
- 450g Linguine
- 10 pcs shrimps (peeled and deveined)
- 10 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 medium fresh red tomatoes (chopped, with seeds)
- 1 can 400g diced tomatoes
- 1 medium green bell pepper (chopped)
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- A handful of freshly chopped basil leaves or 1 tsp dried basil
- Salt and pepper for tasting
- In a sauce pan, boil pasta until firm then set aside.
- In a separate frying pan, melt butter and stir fry shrimps until orange. Set aside.
- On a pan, heat a little olive oil, saute garlic until light brown.
- Add cooked shrimps, chopped tomatoes and stir for a few seconds.\
- Add canned diced tomatoes, basil and green bell pepper. Stir for as few seconds.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add pasta and Parmesan cheese then toss it evenly with the sauce.