Personally, I prefer French Toast than pancakes for breakfast. My kids are used to having pancakes. Now, they're loving French toasts slowly, especially every time I serve it with some chocolate syrup.
French toast is easy to make.
Ingredients: Plain French Toast
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/2- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup fresh milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
- Mix cinnamon and fresh milk with beaten eggs.
- In a frying pan, melt butter and add vegetable oil in medium heat.
- Dip slices of bread one at a time in beaten egg mixture.
- Fry dipped bread slice and flip until golden brown on both sides.
- Ready to serve with maple syrup.
Almonds or Walnuts
Bacon or Spam
Ripe mangoes or slices of apples
Cream and syrup
There are more ways to serve French toast. With strawberries, peaches, coconut, powdered sugar, as a sandwich with some jelly. It can also be a good dessert. Just arrange the bread slices in a baking platter stuff it with fruits and cream in between, top it with maple syrup, cream, a little cheese and nuts then bake it for a few minutes.
My family loves it for breakfast, but French toast can also be an all-day meal. I remember having them as an afternoon snack to match my milk tea. It was really good. And I might just try making a French Toast Dessert Platter.