At home, one of our favorite snacks as a family is Nachos Supreme. I love munching on Nachos during movie nights, using my iPad, browsing a free ebook and just hanging out with my family. A good Nachos Supreme includes everything on top including some homemade salsa. I'm suppose to make peach- mango salsa, but just when I thought I have peaches in my pantry it turned out that I don't. So it ended up as "mango salsa" which is still commonly served in restaurants.
If you intend to make Peach- Mango Salsa, this recipe will still work, just add peaches.
- 2 whole ripe mangoes (peeled and sliced into cubes)
- 2 whole peaches (chopped into cubes)
- 3 red tomatoes (seeds removed and chopped into small pieces)
- 1 red or white onion (minced)
- 1 tbsp of sliced and pitted black olives
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro or wansoy
- 1 tbsp chopped or minced Jalapeno
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice or calamansi juice
- a dash of salt
*olive oil is optional
- In a bowl, mix everything well.
- In a separate large bowl, assemble your nachos, beef, and cheese then top it with your homemade mango salsa.
It's a healthy snack for the family. I prefer this more than the usual potato chips we buy in the supermarket. Everything's made fresh.