When it comes to white sauce, from a basic recipe, I was able to create my signature white sauce which I use not only in pasta dishes but in other viands as well. From the taste, texture, consistency... it all matters on what ingredients we prefer to use, including the brand. Everyone can create a basic white sauce. It's up to us to add that secret ingredient in order to make it as our own. It took me a long time since I was able to finally nail a satisfying white sauce.
It's my first time to use Rigatoni pasta. Rigatoni is a tube- like pasta. It's like macaroni and penne but a bit bigger. A few grams per serving will do, because it's heavy.
- 200g Rigatoni (cooked)
- 2 red tomatoes cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp of sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium green bell pepper cut into pieces
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp olive oil or 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp thin slices of cheddar cheese or cheese of your choice
- salt and pepper
- In a sauce pan, saute garlic in olive oil or butter until light brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and bell peppers and mushrooms, stir for a few seconds.
- Add chopped parsley
- Add prepared Alfredo sauce and stir for a few seconds.
- Add cooked Rigatoni pasta, mix everything well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
For the ingredients and instructions on how to make a Basic Alfredo Sauce, please click on the link.
Served with slices of cheese and fresh parsley on top. This dish is a regular vegetable dish. It's easy to prepare and perfect for the health conscious. Enjoy!