Pork Adobo in Coconut Milk
Here's one Filipino dish I experimented on. Well, I thought it's something new, but it's not, because just yesterday, I saw this particular viand in a menu from a local restaurant. This dish is easy to prepare. It's just basic pork adobo with coconut milk or coconut creme.
- 5-6 pcs. pork adobo cut
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or coconut creme
- 3 bay leaf
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup soysauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 green chilli chopped into pieces
- a dash of salt and black pepper
- In a sauce pan mix pork adobo cutlets in water, soy sauce, crushed garlic, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Boil pork until tender. Drain, set aside Adobo sauce.
- In a pan, heat olive oil and fry minced garlic until light brown. Set aside.
- In the same frying pan, stir fry drained pork cutlets. Stir for a few minutes and pour about 5-6 tbsp of Adobo sauce. Set aside in a serving bowl.
- Using the very same frying pan, stir fry green chilli for a few seconds.
- Add Coconut Milk and simmer for a minute or 2.
- Add remaining Adobo sauce and simmer again for a minute or 2 or until sauce is thick.
- Pour prepared Adobo sauce with coconut milk in the serving bowl with the pork cutlets.
- Add and garnish fried minced garlic.