When it comes to Guacamole, Avocado is the main ingredient. Avocado is very common here in the Philippines. Aside from using it as a dip, for salads or as Mexican filling, Avocado is also delicious when eaten with a little milk and sugar. I love the texture of this fruit. A few months back, since baby Mikee is already allowed to eat solid food, I thought that Avocado is a healthy option for my son, and yes, he loves it.
Since we had a lot of it, I decided to turn some of the Avocados into Guacamole. And it just so happen my mom was around for a visit, it was perfect to whip some and serve with a healthy amount of tortilla chips.
- 3 medium size ripe Avocados (pitted)
- lime juice (equivalent to 1 lime)
- 1 tbsp of chopped cilantro
- 1 medium red onion (chopped)
- 3 medium red tomatoes (seeds removed, chopped)
- salt and ground black pepper
- Remove Avocado meat from skin and mash it all up in a bowl.
- Add chopped vegetables: (tomatoes, red onions, cilantro and mix everything well.
- Add lime juice and mix everything until well-blended.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Since it's high on Vit. E, Avocados reduce the signs of aging, it lessens the risk of acquiring heart disease and maintains good blood sugar.