An extraordinary take on the Lenten Season. It has been a practice in my family not to eat red meat every Friday throughout the Lenten Season. Yeah, it's quite a challenge to be able to serve something on the table far different from the regular fried fish the elders would prefer. If not fresh, canned tuna is one perfect option to be able to make the kids eat fish.
Corned Tuna Torta or Corned Tuna Omelette:
- 180g corned tuna (original flavor)
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 2 medium potatoes (chopped into small pieces)
- a hint of lime ( a few drops will do)
- 2 tbsp. thinly chopped string beans (or any vegetable of your choice)
- a dash of salt and ground pepper
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil for frying
- Set up frying pan and heat oil.
- While waiting, in a bowl, mix all ingredients together evenly.
- When oil is hot, scoop a small ladle full of prepared tuna mix and fry.
- Just like a pancake, wait for it to turn light brown then flip for the other side to cook.
- Serve with your choice of dip.