Sarciado is a fish dish. We fry the fish first, set it aside and then we saute a large amount of chopped red tomatoes mixed with garlic and onions then topped or mixed with the fried fish. I like it with egg too. Sarciado is one of my favorite fish recipe because of the mix of fresh ingredients: roasted garlic, half-cooked onions and red tomatoes. I grew up with this dish being served at our dinner at all times. It's easy to prepare, easy to cook and it's healthy.
- 2-3pcs. Tilapia Fillet (or any fish fillet of your choice)
- 4 fresh red tomatoes (chopped with seeds)
- 1 medium red onion (chopped)
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and ground pepper
- Season fresh fish fillet with salt and pepper.
- Dip seasoned fish fillets in beaten egg.
- In a frying pan, heat up oil.
- Fry fish until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a separate pan, saute garlic until light brown.
- Add chopped onions and tomatoes. Stir for a few seconds.
- Add 1/2 cup water and simmer for about a minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top Sarciado sauce on the fish or set the fried fish in the pan with the sauce.
*You can also add cheese on top then bake it! :)
The title for this post was suppose to be "Tilapia Sarciado" but as I was reading through for editing, this post made me feel that there's something wrong or weird with the title. Since I used Tilapia fillet and knowing that fish fillets can go with any desirable sauce I decided to alter the title and change it to "Tilapia Fillet in Sarciado Sauce.