Yakiniku is the Japanese term for grilled meat or Japanese Barbecue. Bite-sized meat is marinated in Yakiniku sauce which is composed of Japanese soy sauce, mirin, sake, lime juice and a little sugar. Thin slices of ginger and sesame seeds are added for flavor. Yakiniku sauce is also available in your local Asian stores and supermarkets.
- 5 pcs. Chicken thigh fillet
- 4-5 tbsp Yakiniku Sauce
- 1 tsp ginger (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small carrot (thinly sliced)
- 4-5 pcs. string beans (cut into thin pieces)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- Salt and Pepper
- Marinate chicken thighs in Yakiniku sauce and sesame seeds over night or at least for about an hour.
- Heat a skillet and place marinated chicken. Add 1/4 cup water and simmer until cooked. Set aside.
- In a separate pan, heat up olive oil stir- fry ginger and cooked chicken.
- Add carrots and string beans, stir until vegetables are half-cooked.
- Add remaining sauce and simmer until sauce is reduced.
- Salt and pepper to taste.