We all know that steak is best eaten with gravy or any sauce of our choice. Instead of adding gravy, I came up with caramelized onions and mixed it with mushrooms.
The unique taste and flavor of the onions made my pork steak experience extraordinary. The natural sweetness and juice that came out from the onions was perfect for the herb pork steak I prepared.
- 3 chunks of Pork (steak style)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp butter
- salt and ground pepper
- 1 tsp Spanish paprika
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 large white onion chopped
- Season both sides of the pork steak with olive oil, salt, ground pepper, thyme and Spanish paprika. Set Aside.
- In a pan, fry pork steak until golden brown. Set Aside.
- In the very same frying pan, add butter and saute onions until caramelized.
- Add mushrooms and stir for a few seconds.
- Top the caramelized onions and mushrooms over the pork steak.
- Serve with mixed vegetables or any salad of your choice.