- 5 pcs. Chicken breast fillet ( drumsticks, wings are also preferred)
- 2 whole garlic (minced)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp roasted sesame seeds
- 1 medium red bell pepper (chopped into small pieces)
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil (for frying)
- 1/2 tsp chilli paste or cayenne powder (optional)
- 1 tsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- salt and ground pepper
In a bowl, mix soy sauce, 1tsp all purpose flour, honey and sherry vinegar. Set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and ground pepper.
- In a frying pan, fry chicken until golden brown, chop into bite size, then set aside.
- In a separate pan, saute minced garlic in olive oil until golden brown. (Get a tablespoon of fried garlic then set aside as toppings.)
- Add chopped red bell pepper.
- Add chicken and stir for a few seconds.
- Add soy sauce mixture and roasted sesame seeds then stir everything together evenly.
- Add chilli paste or cayenne.
- Serve and top with more garlic.
Enjoy! My version of Soy Chicken can be served as a viand or something paired with a cold bottle of beer and good company.