It's been a long time since I've prepared a home- based pasta dish. I really wanted something new, but at the same time still easy to prepare. So I gathered ingredients available in my pantry and freezer. Just as I was about to begin, I found out that I was missing an ingredient that's suppose to be used as base for my pasta sauce. Instead of making a quick stop at the grocery store, I just figured to make my own sauce with fresh ingredients like red tomatoes and fresh basil.
HIGHLIGHT: I made my own Tomato and Basil Puree!
It's like Pesto. Just replace the pine nuts with fresh red tomatoes.
This pasta recipe is basically a "mix everything together dish".
Once you're all set with your ingredients:
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil for sauteing
- 1 tsp butter
- 1-2 tbsp Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Sauce of your choice
- Pre-cooked pasta of your choice
- Shrimps (peeled and deveined)
- Salt and pepper
- In a pan, saute garlic in olive oil until light brown.
- Add butter and shrimps, saute until shrimps are cooked.
- Add pre-cooked pasta and Parmesan cheese then "mix everything together".
- Add sauce and stir until sauce and shrimps are evenly mixed with the pasta.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Love it, Enjoy it!