It's Filipino Steak Recipe with Country style ribs. The fat and skin that came with the ribs brought out so much flavor. I got to say, it turned out to be better than our typical Filipino pork steak. Country style ribs are meaty and easy to cook.
- 6 pcs country style ribs (cut into half)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup calamansi juice
- 5 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 red onion (sliced into rings)
- 1 cup water
- a dash of salt
- 1/2 tsp of granulated pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- In a sauce pan, mix country style ribs with soy sauce, crushed garlic, calamansi juice, water, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil until meat is cooked.
- Add water just enough not to dry up the pan. Once cooked, separate meat from sauce. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and fry each rib until brown and juicy.
- When all ribs are fried, add the remaining sauce and simmer for a few seconds.
- To garnish, top the ribs with the fresh onion rings.
You just got to love Filipino Steak!