Another inspired dish from Chef Ed Quimson
So I was watching the very same episode of Full Time Moms where Chef Ed Quimson introduced his featured dish which is Fish Salpicao. In -between, he was sharing ideas on how to prepare fish dishes that can be enticing to the kids. One of them is this dish I am featuring. Chef Ed Quimson breezed through it really fast, so I was able to remember keywords: Mashed Potatoes, Corned Tuna, Quickmelt Cheese then Bake It!
I wasn't even able to get the name of this dish, so I named it myself. Corned Tuna Melt and Mashed Potatoes.
Ingredients: Servings 4-5
- 5-6 medium sized potatoes (peeled, boiled then mashed)
- 3 cans of corned tuna
- 1/2 tsp ginger (minced)
- 1 medium red onion (chopped)
- 1 medium eggplant (chopped into tiny pieces)
- 2 tsp butter
- cooking oil for sautéing
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of another kind of cheese (your choice)
- 4 tsp butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup fresh milk
- In a pan, saute onion, ginger and corned tuna. stir for a few seconds.
- Add eggplants then stir again for a few seconds. Set Aside.
- In a bowl mix mashed potatoes with 2 tsp butter to add texture.
- In your baking dish spread the mashed potatoes evenly.
- Layer your cooked corned tuna on top of the prepared mashed potatoes.
- Add olives for more flavor.
- Mix 1 1/2 tbsp all purpose flour with fresh milk
- In a sauce pan, melt butter.
- Then add prepared flour and milk mixture.
- Stir in low fire until thickened.
- Top your dish with the cooked white sauce and your choice of cheeses.
- Bake it for 15 minutes.
Potato is a great alternative instead of pasta and rice. This dish turned out to be heavy. Of course, it's nice to treat the kids with some chips to match.