There's a lot to consider on serving Chicken Arroz Caldo:
1. A bowl of Chicken Arroz Caldo should be served with large chunks of Chicken (preferably Tinola Cut). Small pieces of chicken fillet is only applicable for those who are sick and advised for a soft diet.
2. Make egg as an option. Serve a plate or bowl of hard boiled eggs on the table separately. This is to give guests a choice on how they like their Arroz Caldo to be.
3. Roasted garlic and chopped scallions are also served separately.
These are mostly applicable when we serve Chicken Arroz Caldo to our relatives, friends and acquaintances. But when you're alone with your family, all options are open, feel free to mix and match.
Ingredients: Servings 4-5
- 2 cups sticky rice
- 4-5 pieces chicken
- 1 tbsp ginger (minced)
- 1 whole garlic (minced)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp saffron (kasuba)
- 2 tbps chopped scallions
- 2 liters of water
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- In a sauce pan saute 1 tsp minced garlic until light brown.
- Add chopped onions and minced ginger. Stir for a few seconds.
- Add chicken and stir for about a minute.
- Add 1 liter of water and simmer until chicken is half cooked.
- Add 2 cups of sticky rice and add water as needed. Simmer until rice and chicken are cooked.
- Add tbsp saffron and continuously stir. Add water as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
* In a separate pan, roast remaining minced garlic until golden brown.
Serve a bowl and top with roasted garlic, chopped scallions and egg. Perfect with calamansi and fish sauce.