- 1/2 K lean ground pork
- 250g sweet ham (minced)
- 250g bacon (minced)
- 1 can button mushrooms (chopped)
- 2 whole garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g Penne
- 1 cup all purpose cream
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and ground pepper
- 2 cups fresh milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- Boil Penne al dente, set aside.
- In a sauce pan, saute half of minced garlic, ground pork, half of minced ham, half of minced bacon and half of chopped mushrooms until light brown.
- Add all- purpose cream, Parmesan cheese and dried basil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cooked Penne and mix everything until pasta is covered with sauce.
- Set in a baking dish.
In a sauce pan, mix 2 cups fresh milk, 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp flour. Mix until flour is dissolved then bring to boil.
- Pour on prepared pasta.
- Top with remaining minced garlic, ham, bacon and mushrooms.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
Quite a Friday. I was enjoying this pasta early this afternoon when I found out that a great earthquake struck Japan. Of course, it was a devastating scene, especially knowing that here in the Philippines, it's been said that we're also expecting something similar. Had to stop with what I'm doing and it took me the whole afternoon to absorb the things that's been happening. Videos online, on television and even via Facebook. I pray for a quick recovery and even more prayers to those who are still badly affected and traumatized with the turn of events.