This was the very first dish I cooked first day of the year 2011. My palette was looking for something new. I kinda had enough of the food during the holiday season, which was filled with different kinds of sauces. This easy pasta dish refreshed my senses for something light but crazily delicious.
- 450g Spaghetti Noodles
- 2 cans of Spanish Style Sardines
- 3 tbsp chopped olives
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 5 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- A handful of freshly chopped basil
- 3 pcs. dried bay leaf
- 5 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- A dash of salt and ground pepper
- In a bowl, pour Spanish Style Sardines and crush content with fork (include oil).
- Cook Spaghetti until al dente then set aside.
- In a separate pan, saute minced garlic until light brown.
- Add crushed Spanish Style Sardines, olives and bay leaf.
- Add cooked pasta and mix everything together.
- Add Parmesan Cheese and chopped basil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.