I just couldn't bear it, I need to have some more. Sbarro's Chicken Parmigiano inspired me to make my own. Another good news, my oven is now working!!! Chicken Parmigiano was taken after "Parmigiana" meaning: slices of eggplants layered with cheese and tomato sauce then baked.-source- One attribute that brought out the name Parmigiano is the use of Parmesan cheese in the recipe. In some countries, chicken parmigiano is serve to top a plate of pasta.
- 6 pieces chicken breasts fillet
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup Quick Melt Cheese or Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Can (26oz.)Del Monte Italian Herb Chunky Sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 Cup bread crumbs
- 1 whole garlic minced
- 450g Linguini
- 1/2 tsp Ground Pepper
- Season Chicken Breasts with pepper
- Dip each in egg, coat with flour, dip again in egg then coat with bread crumbs.
- After coating all 6 chicken breasts, heat about 1 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan.
- Fry each side of chicken until golden brown. Set in a baking dish.
- In a sauce pan, saute minced garlic until light brown
- Add Italian Herb Sauce stir while simmering for a few seconds
- Add chopped basil and parsley
- Add 1/2 tsp pepper and simmer for a few seconds.
- Drizzle olive oil on browned chicken.
- Top with Parmesan cheese
- Pour prepared sauce on chicken
- Top it again with another round of Parmesan cheese
- After the Parmesan cheese, cover it with grated quick melt cheese or mozzarella cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes
Garnish with parsley and more cheese. Best with any pasta.
Note: An easier way instead of baking, is covering the dish with foil while hot and melt the cheese away.