Ginataan/ Guinataan is any food or dish cooked with coconut milk. My featured dish is a famous Filipino dessert.
Ginataang Mais is composed of fresh sweet corn kernels, sugar, coconut milk.
- 2 sweet corns (scrape kernels off the corn cob)
- 2 cups malagkit rice (Glutinous rice)
- 3-4 Cups of Water
- 1/2 Cup to 1 cup sugar
- 4 coconuts (grated and coconut milk extracted)
- Boil malagkit rice (Glutinous rice)and corn kernels in water until thick. Set aside.
- In the very same pan, boil coconut milk then add the thickened rice and corn.
- Mix well. Low fire.
- Add sugar
- Mix until well blended.