Monday, January 25, 2010

Lechen Flan

Flan, Leche Flan or Caramel Custard
I really wanted to try to make my own so I can serve something new from my kitchen on my husband's birthday this week. They say it's easy... I went surfing online last week to find back- up recipes for my first take. The method and preparation of the recipes I found are all the same. It's the quantity for every recipe and the style that made a difference. Some like it without the egg whites, others prefer using the whites. Anyway, me being a practical person, I included the egg whites. You just have to whisk it until the mixture is well-blended.
enchie’s kitchen

I also used brown sugar for the custard base. It tasted the same and I got similar results if I used white sugar. Leche Flan is usually steamed over an open flame or stove top, it can also be seen baked.

Recipe to follow



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

7 comments:

NovaS said...

oh...i am very interested to know your recipe and try it... got my version but would love to try yours...

Enchie said...

@ Nova oh I can't wait to hear from you once you try my recipe, negative o positive okay lang.

I'll try to post it soon :)

Lulu said...

this looks yummy... i have never made leche flan in my whole "chef" life

♥peachkins♥ said...

Congrats on your first leche flan!

Enchie said...

@ Lulu naku its easy lang sis. Sana my recipe can help :)

@ Peachy thank you...

redkathy said...

Oh wow Enchi this looks great. Haven't had flan in forever!

Queenie said...

OMG,,, its so lucious.. sarap kainin ng picture mo...

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML