Saturday, July 25, 2009

Meatballs in Sweet and Sour Ginger Sauce

This was my first time to make a sweet and sour sauce. I made it before in college but I totally forgot about it, and I got too dependent with my mom around preparing it for me. I was looking for a new dish to prepare last thursday. I ended experimenting on sweet and sour.
Staying away from the usual, this sweet and sour sauce I made, is SUGARFREE!
This dish is perfect for the health concious. Considering that one of my main ingredients is Ginger.
3/4 cup vinegar
1 tbsp catsup
1 tbsp soy sauce
10 packets of Equal/ artificial sweetener---which is equivalent to 1 cup sugar
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp cornstarch or all purpose flour
1 tbsp thin slices of ginger
salt and pepper to taste
note: you can add the pineapple juice from a can of tidbits
Meatballs:
1/2 kilo ground lean
2 eggs
2 medium onions (chopped)
salt and pepper
cooking oil for deep frying
Mix eggs, chopped onions, salt and pepper with the ground lean meat
Make meat balls by molding a tbsp
Deep fry until golden then set aside
In a sauce pan, mix all ingredienrs for the sweet and sour sauce
Simmer until sauce is thick
Top over the fried meatballs and serve with pineapple tidbits



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

6 comments:

MaRyA said...

like I always say, I love anything with pineapples... Gotta try this one!

genejosh said...

sarap..my sis-in-law made meatball last Saturday and I love it..i'll try ur recipe next time..

Clarissa said...

yummy!!I love sweet and sour and yours looks good!!I love them pineapple tidbits,too!!^_^

Mary Ann Moreno-binuya said...

wow sarap naman! will try this one of these days.

Ebie said...

I think the gibger brings out the taste. Will try this.

Beth said...

I think I will try this this weekend! I love meatballs!!!

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML