Monday, March 30, 2009

Fresh Basil And Mozzarella

We all know how hard it is to find gourmet ingredients here in the Philippines. I have my sources and I don't mind spending a little for those herbs and cheeses just to be able to get that Italian taste. I'm built for this!

One person I love is Rachael Ray. She makes easy Italian dishes. I jot down notes everytime I watch her shows. I also have her cookbooks and just recently my sister-in-law got me the latest issue of her magazine. I didn't know she has one.

-photo-

Another show I love watching is Everyday Italian with Giada De Laurentiis she also makes Italian cooking so yummy.

I made this easy salad dish that goes with everything. Tomato and Mozzarella Salad.

It's Tomatoes, Mozzarella slices and Fresh Basil drizzled with olive oil and a hint of salt and pepper.

What I did? I sandwhiched a Mozzarella slice and a basil leaf between 2 slices of tomatoes. You can also add onions for a little kick.

For dinner, I made another batch to match my Pasta with Pesto... yummy! and healthy too...and while making this blog, Wolfgang Puck is on...after his show, Everyday Italian is next.




Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

3 comments:

liza said...

I like both for their easy recipes. :)

☆Willa☆ said...

i love Rachel Ray too,I always try her recipe and husbands alwys approved it!Minsan nga may niluto ako from her show, a week after, ni request ulet ni husband, kaso nakalimutan ko na. :)

cpsanti said...

love this! i usuaaly make mine on toast for a bit of texture, then i drizzle it with balsamic and olive oil. yummers! ;-) nice ideas you have here!

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML